If you believe you have been sickened by a restaurant meal, health authorities advise alerting the establishment and calling the health department of the county where the restaurant is located; see accompaying phone numbers.
To file a report, Jane Fletcher of the San Francisco Chronicical suggests having the following information on hand to quicken the process:
- Restaurant name and location
- Date and time of your visit
- A list of things you ate at the restaurant
- When you began to feel ill and which symptoms came first
- A 24- to 48-hour history of all the food you’ve eaten, and where
- Names of people in your party, the foods they ate, and whether they were sick or not