Health officials say a norovirus likely was responsible for sickening more than 20 people who visited the Carlyle Sailing Association marina two weeks ago.
Noroviruses are a group of viruses that cause gastro-enteritis, which often is erroneously called stomach flu and may include cramps, vomiting and diarrhea.
Contaminated food or water, tainted objects or human contact spreads the viruses.
Mike McMillan of the Clinton County Health Department says tests didn’t reveal any food-related cause for the ailment. And he says his department hasn’t found any common thread among those who became sick, except that they had all been to the marina.
The marina was closed from June 15th until last Thursday because of the outbreak.