The Associated Press reports that a popular Minneapolis restaurant has reopened after passing an inspection following a food poisoning outbreak.
Cafe Barbette in the Uptown area was back in business yesterday after voluntarily closing on Sunday. Owner Kim Bartmann says the restaurant cleaned and upgraded equipment, and passed a fresh inspection.
Meanwhile, the number of people who got sick in last week’s outbreak has climbed to 40, according to the Hennepin County Health Department.
All of those affected apparently had eaten chilled carrot soup at the restaurant on June fifth or sixth. Health officials traced the outbreak to salmonella.