WALB News Full Story 

To find the Video Link, click here and go to the bottom of the page.


Valdosta – Faulty equipment at a fast food restaurant was the cause of a salmonella outbreak last fall, according to the Division of Public Health in Lowndes County.

Seventy-two people in Lowndes County were infected with salmonella bacteria between Labor Day Weekend and November 15th, 2006.  43 of those cases were linked to the Arby’s Restaurant.

It began in September when eight people checked into South Georgia Medical Center with salmonella poisoning.

"That’s more than we usually see in a weekend so that prompted us to start asking questions,"  says Geneine Johnson, District Epidemiologist.

And the cases kept coming in.