All but three New Brighton Elementary School students sickened after eating undercooked chicken were back in school today, said Superintendent John Osheka to the Tribune-Review.

The problem began when cafeteria workers mistakenly served a tray of undercooked chicken to a group of fourth graders for lunch. Twenty-eight children complained of stomach pains shortly afterward and were sent home with handouts on the symptoms and treatment of salmonella.

Most of the children were back in school yesterday. Cafeteria workers have since received new instructions on proper cooking procedures.