According to the Kershaw County Coroner Johnny Fellers, 58-year-old James Arledge died from cardiac arrhythmia due to sepsis, an infection in the blood stream, caused by salmonella poisoning.
Alredge ate at the Old South restaurant in Camden last Thursday evening. Many of the people who showed symptoms ate at the Old South restaurant in Camden over the weekend.While many are recovering from the symptoms, several people remain hospitalized.
The number of people in Camden with food poisoning symptoms has climbed to over 150. The restaurant, believed to be the source of the outbreak, decided to shut down on Tuesday.