Five more students have been sickened by salmonella that may have come from a restaurant where children were taking a dining etiquette lesson.

Gaston County Health Department officials confirmed the new cases of salmonella poisoning Thursday on top of the eight cases they confirmed Wednesday.

Officials have not identified the source of the outbreak, but a common link is a dinner Sept. 9 at the members-only City Club in Gastonia where students and staff ate chicken breast, green beans, mashed potatoes, salad and a dessert.

Two children were hospitalized because of their illnesses but have since been released.