Food safety officials said today that 29 people in Minnesota got sick after eating frozen chicken entrees that were not cooked long enough to kill salmonella in the poultry. Some consumers may have assumed the entrees were pre-cooked and simply heated them in microwaves.

Officials recommended against microwaving single-serving chicken products even when it’s listed as an option on labels. The entrees, usually stuffed and pre-browned, are made by several companies, and sold under various brand names in supermarkets’ frozen-food sections.

The entrees carry such names as chicken cordon blue, chicken kiev and chicken with broccoli and cheese. The products of concern contain raw chicken.