(As of noon on Tuesday, July 7, 2015)
Of these 267, case distribution includes 21 North Carolina counties and 6 states.
Of the North Carolina cases 77% of cases are residents of Davidson County and Davie County.
Laboratory testing indicates that the BBQ sample and a sample from a patient who became ill during the beginning of the outbreak are both positive for Salmonella species. The serogroup was found to be Typhimurium. Both samples have the same PFGE pattern (i.e. DNA fingerprint).
Over 50 additional clinical specimens are pending results at the state lab.
- 58% are male
- 42% are between the ages of 20 and 49
- 20% have visited their provider
- 12% have visited the ED
- 9% have been hospitalized
- 1 death has been identified (Further details regarding the deceased are not available to protect patient confidentiality.)
- 80% of cases had illness onset dates between Tuesday, June 16, 2015, and Sunday, June 21, 2015.