Laboratory tests have proved that 143 guests of Krasnoyarsk student ball have salmonellosis. The diagnosis was confirmed by bacteriological tests, which showed that the patients had salmonella enteritidis. The cause of the outbreak was infected food at the drink reception.
As Newslab reported earlier, 198 cases of acute intestinal diseases had been registered after mass poisoning of the ball guests. 192 people were hospitalized. The state of the injured is reported as middle and minor, four people are in a serious condition.
A checkup showed that food was supplied for the ball by Keiterie Ltd. The firm has no establishment. Most of the workers are interim and have no medical certificates, the Krasnoyarsk Territory Department of Federal Agency for Consumer Rights Protection and People’s Health reported.
Keiterie worked without sanitary and epidemiological catering and food supplies permission. It was established that the cause of the infected food was the following violations: failure in the technology of line production, lack of rooms in compliance with the production volume, which does not rule out possible contact of raw and ready products. There are no separate workshops for raw foodstuff and cooking in the firm. There were no technological recipes, is said in the statement by the department.
Police and prosecutor’s office have launched a nonscheduled checkup of sanitary norms in the companies that supplied food for the drink reception. Krasnoyarsk prosecutors filed the criminal suit "Failure to comply with safety standards when rendering paid services" (Article 238, Part 1 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation).
Investigation of the outbreak of the infectious disease is being undertaken by the Krasnoyarsk Territory Department of Federal Agency for Consumer Rights Protection and People’s Health.