A $5 million lawsuit has been filed against Camden-based Old South restaurant, blamed for one of the largest outbreaks of food-borne illness in South Carolina.
State health officials said undercooked turkey likely caused the salmonella outbreak. One person died and more than 300 became ill. The lawsuit filed last week said the restaurant was negligent in failing to store and inspect its food, maintain proper procedures and safeguards, and train and supervise its employees.
Eight customers are named in the suit.