State and local public health officials on Thursday cleared Margaritas Restaurant to reopen, six days after the Tex-Mex eatery was ordered to close because of an outbreak of Salmonella.
Of the 15 customers who contracted Salmonella after eating at the restaurant, 4 were hospitalized.
A recent study suggests that food workers serve as an important source for Salmonella transmission in outbreaks.
After investigating 23 outbreaks, 12% of food workers were identified as having Salmonella. Of those workers, 53% said that they didn’t feel sick.