The LA County Department of Health Services issued a health alert Wednesday to diners who ate at the Il Fornaio restaurant located at 310 N. Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills. At least three people became ill with Salmonella infections and two were hospitalized after eating at Il Fornaio between July 12 and 16. The restaurant used raw and undercooked eggs in some of its recipes.
www.About-Salmonella.com provides information on the symptoms and risks involved with Salmonella infection, together with links to information on outbreaks and resources for victims. Marler Clark, the Seattle attorneys who have represented hundreds of victims of Salmonella outbreaks, sponsor the site.
Marler said, "Il Fornaio could have taken some very simple steps to preventing illness among its customers, starting with using pasteurized shell eggs in recipes that call for raw or under-cooked eggs."