The Harris County Health Department has temporarily closed Iguana Joe’s restaurant after multiple patrons reported being sickened over Father’s Day weekend.
The health department said it warned Iguana Joe’s about critical violations and how to fix them, but the restaurant didn’t listen so it had no choice but to close the place down at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
“The four major problems that they have right now is cold/hot hold violations. It’s how they cool their product after they’ve heated it up — they’ve cooked it, and now they need to cool it down. And food contact surfaces—you have to remember there are danger zones in foods — so between 41 and 135 degrees is when bacteria grows,” said Harris County Environmental Public Health Services Director Michael Schaffer.