The product was sold in variable weight packages with the lot code 3317A191 in Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and B.C., the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said in an advisory issued Thursday.
No associated illnesses have been reported.
Consumption of food contaminated with salmonella may cause serious and even deadly infections in children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems. In healthy adults, salmonella bacteria can cause high fevers, severe headaches, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
CFIA Health Alert