Connecticut says its found the first unopened tub of King Nut peanut butter definitively found contaminated with Salmonella Type B.
And the state has sent its Consumer Protection Commissioner, Jerry Farrell, Jr., into the battle.
“This is the first unopened tub of King Nut peanut butter found in the country that is definitively identified as being tainted with salmonella,” Farrell said. “My office just received the results from the Connecticut Department of Public Health Laboratory confirming the presence of Salmonella Type B in an unopened tub. This provides further evidence that some lots of King Nut brand peanut butter delivered to food service accounts are responsible for a recent outbreak of salmonella infections in consumers.
For more from the Yankee state, go here.