A grandmother is suing a Kennesaw restaurant, claiming she and her 4-year-old granddaughter were sickened after eating lunch there last month. The lawsuit was filed the same day the popular establishment reopened after a salmonella food poisoning outbreak.
Bonnie Bartley and Allison B. Luster, 4, of Marietta, claimed they both became extremely ill after eating lunch at the Golden Corral on Barrett Parkway, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit demands that the restaurant compensate the plaintiffs for medical bills, attorney fees and any other fees the court may deem appropriate.
The establishment is one of a dozen Golden Corrals in the metro area owned by Charles Winston. He voluntarily closed the restaurant Sept. 9 while state health officials scrutinized it for a source of contamination. Equipment and surfaces were once again thoroughly scrubbed and sanitized.
Other patrons of the restaurant who claim they were sickened at the Golden Corral are considering litigation, said William Marler, a Seattle attorney. He is being assisted by William Lanham with the downtown Atlanta firm Johnson and Ward.